* I was first elected to the Utah House of Representatives in 2014. I really like getting to serve there.
* My family consists of me, my wife Beverly (campaign manager and chief of staff), my son Stephen (slugging his way through a Chemical Engineering degree at BYU), my daughter Yvonne (slugging her way through a Math degree at BYU after recently serving an LDS mission in Baltimore), my daughter Lucy (attending Bountiful High), and my dog Crackerjack (mostly just sits around being handsome and begging for dog treats).
* My ancestor, Israel Barlow, settled in Bountiful with the very first group of Mormon pioneers to come here, just a couple of months after they came to Utah in 1847.
* I am a family physician in private practice. I work at Cope Family Medicine/Ogden Clinic on the corner of 4oo East and Medical Drive, near Lakeview Hospital.
* One area of focus in my medical practice is getting medical help for people who have a problem with narcotic addiction.
* I like playing Pickleball, so I was very happy about new courts opening in the area. If you are looking for a Pickleball opponent who is medium on skill and high on enthusiasm, let me know and we can set up a game.